HOUSTON, Texas — A “F**k Trump” protest was held at the University of Houston that was billed as “A World Without Police.” It was organized by a group of the same name. DREAMers and “Undocumented! Unafraid!” activists were also part of the protest.
The flyer reads: “F**k Trump No To Hillary & All ‘Lesser Evils.”
It continues, “No one is coming to save us from these capitalist, racist and misogynist scum. We have only ourselves.”
The notice also lists a website, AWORLDWITHOUTPOLICE.ORG, and a Facebook page, FB.COM/AWORLDWITHOUTPOLICE. When checked, the listed Facebook page shows the message, “Sorry, this page isn’t available.”
“OUR PLAN,” says the organizers on the flyers in bold font and all caps is to:
- Protect each other from ICE and police
- Protect muslim, poc and queer folx from vigilante violence
- Provide each other sanctuary
- Disempower: build our capacity to rely on each other and keep cops out the hood
- Disarm: defund the police and take away the weapons they use against us
- Disband: abolish the police & transform society so that wealth is freely available to all!
They say “TRUMP’S PLAN” is to:
- Cancel federal funding to Sanctuary Cities
- Deport “more than two million criminal illegal immigrants” and ban Muslim immigrants
- Build a wall at Mexican border
- Increase funding to train and assist local police
- Increase resources for federal law enforcement
- Expand military investment
KHOU11 in Houston took video footage of the protest from their helicopter. Approximately 50 or more appeared to engage in, and/or watch the protest.
Click2Houston interviewed students who were there protesting Donald Trump but also talked to a Trump supporter wearing a red “Make America Great Again” cap. Gabe Grant told Click 2 News, “They think he’s against Hispanics, immigrants and black people. They think he’s racist, sexist, and homophobic. All that’s not true.”
166 total views, 2 views today