Teen dead, others hospitalized after suspected carbon monoxide leak at Michigan hotel

NILES, Mich. – A teenage Niles boy is dead and multiple children were taken to the hospital after being found unresponsive near a pool at a hotel in Niles, which is near the Michigan-Indiana border. The Niles police 911 center received a call at 9:53 a.m. Saturday about six children who were unresponsive in the pool area of a Quality Inn in Niles. According to reports by WNDU-TV and WSBT-TV, an employee at Quality Inn & Suites discovered the children on the pool deck and called 911. Police said officers found six children, ages 12 to 14, unresponsive. Personnel...

Read More